Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Memories

At the time I thought I'd never forget these things, but now I just may if they don't get written down

Coming home from the hospital and realizing I hadn't brushed my teeth during the entire stay.

Waking up on Mother's Day at 5am after going to sleep at midnight.  William was 5 weeks old and that was my first 5 hour sleep stretch.  He smiled at me for the first time during that early morning feeding.

After shaking with chills and nursing while sitting in front of the space heater on the bathroom floor, I realized something was wrong.  Mastitis and the need for medicine got me out of the house on my own with baby for the first time.  I think William was 3 weeks old.

Matt dressed William for his 2 week checkup.  He put the baby's clothes on backwards.

Matt dressed William for church the first time we took him to the nursery.  He put the baby's clothes clothes on backwards.  I think he was 6 weeks old.

Getting 4 ingrown toenails at once because I went from not being able to reach my toes while pregnant to not giving a flip as to the hygienic needs of my toes while having a newborn.  Still recovering from this. 

Finding drip marks on the floor around the house from my leaking udders. 

No comments: