Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Beach Trip

I'm back from the beach and had a fantastic week vacation with my best buds from college!  After two years of being a summer shut-in I was reunited with the summer sun!  Even got a little color without any burn.  Perfect.  The 5 of us girls planned this vacation for a year and wanted to include all spouses, but Matt had to stay in Waco to finish up his summer job obligations with the BU Physics department.  I flew from Waco to Birmingham and hitched a ride with the Beverly's to Dothan where we each visited with our families for a bit, then made the drive down to Seacrest Beach, FL.  Mom was even able to drive down for one of the days to visit and get some pool time in too!  It was a great week of relaxing, visiting, lounging and eating.  Sarah posted some photos I/we took on her blog and maybe I'll get a few more up later.  I got back yesterday afternoon and went straight to work... for the last week.  Now it's time to start planning next year's trip!  


2 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

Glad you had such a great time with your friends,Jenna.Now for an exciting time with the move and new life in Annapolis .

Anonymous said...

Your last Wednesday in Waco!!! The "giddy up" clock is ticking...