Monday, February 22, 2010

Success!

Thanks for all your input with the couches. It's good to get feedback. I had high hopes for those three sofas, especially the third because it came in my favorite charcoal gray color, but sadly it just didn't feel right. The second one felt oh so nice, but something else made me hesitant. The third was comically uncomfortable. After thinking, discussing and lounging between the first two we walked away empty handed. Onward and upward.

The last store we visited Sunday afternoon had a couch I've had my eye on since August, but it had been a wee bit expensive. Low and behold they were having a floor model sale BUT this sofa had already sold AND had a discontinued sign on it!!! ARG!!! The girl helping us did some legwork and found out there were four left (for the whole country) in their Ohio warehouse and we could still order one in a linen color at the sale/discontinued price. YIPPIE!!! So, one week from tomorrow we will have a brand new couch delivered. We didn't buy it for our current (temporary) space, we didn't buy it for our (rare) company, we bought it for how we primarily use our couch and that is for laying and lounging while watching TV. It's long, wide and practically an extra guest bed. Though it is discontinued, I did find this photo online. Woo hoo the search is over!

6 comments:

Peg said...

Congratulations!!!! Color and fabric???? We need details!!

Sarah Grace said...

I love it!

Peg said...

You mentioned the color. I cannot read!! Sounds and looks lovely and comfy!!

Jan Werner said...

looking good also!

Brockefanie said...

LOVE the couch! So glad ya'll got what you wanted! Now we just need to come up and see it in person! You, my friend, give me hope for the future and getting out of grad school so we too can buy a new couch! :)

Nana and Papa said...

we need to see a picture of your new couch in your home!We do need details!