Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Snow Pics

Some more pictures from the first snowstorm. That week just melted away into the black abyss of time, so I have no idea what days these were. The town practically shut down and no one could get anywhere easily. We had friends stay with us the entire week, which to some sounds crazy, but it actually kept us all from going crazy. We cooked, ate, watched TV, played cards, went upstairs for coffee, utilized the exercise room and continually looked outside. Or tried too. For one full day all we could see was the snow plastered to every window in the apartment:

The snow plows were out in full force trying to keep main roads as clear as possible. This resulted in some pretty big piles. The guys couldn't resist climbing on the biggest ones:

We averted cabin fever with the fore-mentioned activities, as well as a sledding attempt in the parking garage. Wasn't successful, but we were glad we tried:

4 comments:

Peg said...

This surely does not look like the area we saw in September!!!! WOW!!!

Peg said...

I just watched the clip. I am dying laughing at the "attempt" to garage sled. What a riot! That struck me like the night at the beach and I cannot stop laughing!!!!! I have to go and dry my eyes...oh my!! What is my problem???

Sarah Grace said...

I laughed out loud at the video. And I didn't even have sound!

Whitney Morrison said...

so fun! wish we were the ones snowed in with ya'll!