Saturday, February 20, 2010

Couch Contemplation

Calling all opinions on the following three sofa styles. There are pros & cons to each. My priorities have changed a lot and now at this point in the search it boils down to comfort, price and versatility:Maybe I can focus on less versatile and more stylish styles down the road:


Oh dear striped sofa, you have served your purpose well over many years. You cushioned Matt & friends during childhood, supported him on into grad school, and cozied our living room during our first years of marriage. Despite the gap in your cushions, the rip in your upholstery (not to mention your upholstery itself) your squeaky joints and lack of back support, we hope to bid you adieu and find a new home for you soon...

11 comments:

SPECIAL SPECK said...

It's hard for me to say without seeing the rest of your house. The second one has more modern lines while the others look a bit more traditional. All are pretty though. What does the rest of your house look like? : )

Peg said...

I LOVE the last one first, then the first one next. There would be so many colored accent pillows and throws you can do with the dark chocolate plus it is a "forgiving" color. What type of fabric is are they? Good job, and yes, the Keaton's couch has served you well. Good luck!!!

Peg said...

Maybe I really like the third one too!!! Gesh...so glad I don't have t decide!!!

Brockefanie said...

I, stefanie like the first one cause it looks nice but still inviting and comfortable and has arms high enough to lean against. Brock likes the last one cause it looks nice and he likes the low arms. (I also like the last one if you don't like leaning against the arms!) :) And good bye old couch! We do have fond memories of you!

Nana and Papa said...

I like the first one the best. You can lean against the arms with comfort and has great lines. the other 2 are very close though. Good luck with your decision!!!

Matt said...

What the heck is a "line"?

Nana and Papa said...

MATT,OH Matt,YOU ARE SO LUCKY YOU HAVE SUCH A SMART WIFE! SHE KNOWS WHAT GOOD LINES ARE IN FURNITURE! ANYWAY,I LOVE YOUR CHOICES!

Peg said...

A line is similiar to a feromonic string! :o) You so take after your father!!!

Anonymous said...

I like Number 3 and number 5 the best. I have a couch that has loose pillows on the back and they are forever needing to be fluffed and they slide all over and don't look so nice. My poor old Thomasville couch has seen its' better days. It has some good times though. Love, Judy

Jan Werner said...

I say couch #2, modern and looks very comfy! Chenille?

Heather said...

My vote is for the first couch (choice #1) or the second couch (choice #2). It took us FOREVER to decide on a new couch around this time last year. We looked everywhere, sat on a ton of couches, and then contemplated and contemplated about which fabric for the couch! We love it now, but glad it has been chosen and is already in our great room! :)