Friday, March 30, 2012

Aiken Baby Shower

Baby Boy Robinson (aka BooBoo) was joyfully & generously celebrated by many of his Aiken fans in February.  Judy, Betty and Kathy threw a marvelous shower!  I am in awe of how this baby, whom none of us have yet met, can be loved and cared about already.  Thank you endlessly to all of you who have helped prepare us thus far through gifts, prayer and kind words of wisdom and encouragement.


30 weeks pregnant and happy to be standing near a table of food! 


Sweet decorations on the punch table.  There was also a slideshow going of Matt's and my baby pictures.


It was a lot of fun having Angela and Heather there to cut-up with :)


Our taste buds were indulged with a very southern refreshment table full of the most colorful fruit salad I have ever seen, little ham & poppy seed sandwiches, open faced cucumber sandwiches, chicken salad pastry cups, nuts, a cheese ball and hands down the BEST glace petits fours I have ever had!  All centered around gorgeous blue hydrangeas, my favorite flower.


Baby Lane willingly allowed Peg and the rest of us to get some baby boy snuggles in a little early.


Our son received many fantastic goodies.  If the size is right, I would love for him to leave the hospital in this footed newborn outfit.  Sometimes it looks so large (how could something that big be inside me?!?) and sometimes it looks so small (how can life start off that little?!?)


It wasn't all about the baby and me.  Matt's needs were remembered as well.  This hilarious homemade Daddy Doody Kit included clean baby clothes, adult Tylenol, rubber gloves, a face mask, hand sanitizer and tongs to dispose of soiled diapers.  Funny!





Our thoughtful and generous hostesses along with the most creative diaper cake I have ever seen.  Thank you EVERYONE from the bottom of my uterus heart :o)

"I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom." ~Author Unknown~


No comments: