Wednesday, March 21, 2012

36 Weeks Pregnant

After a full morning, I'm enjoying an easy baby makin' afternoon on the couch.  I can feel him wriggling and jiggling and can see him poking and prodding under my skin.  Looking up and through the nursery doorway from my nest I see onesies hanging on the doorknob.  So grateful for this peaceful time of anticipation. 



Pregnancy has been good.  Real good.  So good that, knowing their story could be the complete opposite, I sometimes feel insensitive truthfully answering others when asked with pity, "how are you doing?" I really am okay.  I can gripe plenty (I think my wedding rings are officially stuck on my finger, my hips are sore as sore can be, I overheat at the thought of 68 degrees, I am pummeled from the inside out hourly, I can not get off our couch without rolling, etc, etc, etc.) but it all comes with the territory.  I'm grateful doctors call me a boring patient.  This morning's weekly check-up went well.  My belly is measuring right on track at 36 weeks and he appears to be head down.  Three cheers for the home stretch!


(SIDE NOTE: Just went outside barefoot to fetch the mail where I found no bills, only a box of free formula samples, then noticed a baby gift from a friend by the door and saw that our dogwood is blooming and azaleas are budding!  Best mail check ever!)

3 comments:

Heather said...

You look precious and I was so excited to see a blog update about the little guy...and you too! Please keep posting as those of us out-of-town really want to keep up with you guys. I am so excited about your SON's upcoming arrival!!! We are praying for you all!!! :)

Stephanie said...

This post makes my heart smile :) Congratulations Jenna and Matt!!!!

Jan Werner said...

Wonderful update! Wonderful picture! Can not wait to be a Great Aunt Jan :)

xoxoxo
Aunt Jan