Thursday, October 20, 2011

Symmetry and the Standard Model

If you're looking for a good book, I don't recommend this one.  But it's still one of my favorites :)


What started in graduate school as a small personal project, over time grew into a book publishing contract in New York City.  With lots of patience and help from various qualified folks, there is now a hardback textbook floating around in academia with my husband's name on it!  And I'm so very proud.  It's the first in a series, so this will be a project on Matt's radar for quite some time.  A hobby with commitment.



Again, it's a physics textbook, BUT if you're curious and want to take a peek past the cover you can do so on AmazonBarnes & Noble and the publisher's website, Springer.  

"Symmetry and the Standard Model: Mathematics and Particle Physics, by Matthew Robinson, is the first volume of a series intended to teach math in a way that is catered to physicists. Following a brief review of classical physics at the undergraduate level and a preview of particle physics from an experimentalist's perspective, the text systematically lays the mathematical groundwork for an algebraic understanding of the Standard Model of Particle Physics. It then concludes with an overview of the extensions of the previous ideas to physics beyond the Standard Model. The text is geared toward advanced undergraduate students and first-year graduate students."

15 comments:

Peg said...

Does it come with an interpeter? Is that how you spell interpeter? Guess it is obvious he inherited NO smart genes from his mom! Very proud of his hard work and dedication even though I have ZERO idea what the heck he is ever talking about.

Heather said...

Very impressive! Tell him congratulations on this big accomplishment! I must admit that I most likely will never read it as I was NOT fond of physics, but I am proud of him!! :)

Anonymous said...

really awesome to see!!!!:) Congratulations to Matt on a huge (ongoing) accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

oops- I always forget to put my name... "Anonymous" posting just now was from Erin!:)

Anonymous said...

I'd read the book, but I'm waiting for the movie. Who is going to star as Matt?

Jason

Nana and Papa said...

I am not sure I would understand the movie! CONGRATULATIONS MATT.

Jake and Mandy said...

That's cool! Go Matt!

Anonymous said...

Your husband has done something gr8 for physics students all over the world. To get this information simplified and in one place is a BIG BIG help. Thank you from England I'll steal,err I mean buy, a copy tomorrow!

Halie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Halie said...

that's awesome! congrats to Matt!

Peg said...

Ready for an updated blog!! You need to practice daily updating!!! Reason very obivious!

Peg said...

I mean obvious. I think.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for the next book in the series... Hope he is still working on it!

Best regards,

a theoretical physicist from Europe.

thanida said...

This blog posts is a great help for me.Thank you for always writing the best content.
i99bet

คนสวย2019 said...

ร้อยไหม
ร้อยไหมปรับรูปหน้า ปรับรูปหน้าที่ไหไนดี ร้อยไหมไหน











ดี? กังนัมสถานพยาบาล



เป็น



คำตอบไม่ว่าจะเป็น ร้อยไหมหน้าเรียว เป็นวีไลน์แบบประเทศเกาหลี



ด้วยไหมก้าง



ให้ท่าน



งาม



แบบประเทศเกาหลี



ลดอายุ หน้าเด็ก ไม่เจ็บ ไม่บอบช้ำ



ไม่บวม หน้าเป็นวีเชฟ ลดเหนียง เหนียงกระชับสมปรารถนา






ร้อยไหม เป็นยังไง






การร้อยไหม เป็น



เทคโนโลยีที่ช่วยขจัดปัญหา









ผิวหน้าที่ไม่กระชับ หย่อนยาน



คล้อย ให้กลับมากระชับ หน้าเรียว เต่งตึง เข้ารูป วีเชฟได้สมใจอยาก





แล้วก็









สามารถช่วยการปรับโครงหน้าหรือแก้ปัญหา









เฉพาะข้อด้อย





การนำเส้นไหมประเภท





พิเศษมาร้อยกับ



บริเวณใบหน้า



รอบๆ



ใต้ผิวหนัง เพื่อกระตุ้นการผลิต



เส้นโลหิต



ใหม่ ส่งผล



ทำให้มีการเกิด

















สร้างคลอลาเจนบริเวณ


ร้อยไหม
ร้อยไหมหน้าเรียว
ร้อยไหม วีเชฟ