Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Bed

It's after midnight and I can't sleep.  There's drama in the paint department.  Did you know once on a wall beautiful grey can look like lavender?!?  Freaking lavender.  No bueno.  Also interfering with my Zzz's is anxiety over this week's major task: attacking weeds and what-not in the yard.  That begins tomorrow at 7:00am.  And while pondering through thoughts on my pillow I realized I ate out for every meal this weekend.  For six meals.  Six different restaurants.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I'm half amused and half disgusted.

I should close the laptop, turn my thoughts off and crawl back into bed...

My Bed

My bed, My bed, I love my bed.
It rests my feet, it rests my head.
It brings me sleep from dreadful days.
It clears my brain from misty haze.
It rests my neck, it rests my back.
I love to spend time in my sack.
It rests my eyes, it rests my heart.
It brings each morn a brand new start.
It rests my hands, it rests my toes.
Whatever else it rests, who knows.
So even though it’s seldom said.
My! Oh how I love my bed.

~ R. Riecke Gernon ~

1 comment:

Jan Werner said...

My two cents.....hire a lawn boy to do the weed pulling!