Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Can't say our holiday was patriotic or celebratory, but it was exciting in a whole new way.  We started a massive sanding, taping, priming and painting project in the house!  We also had our first meal there.  Pizza & Coca-Cola.  Does that make us patriotic?  Maybe in a consumer kind of way?  And we took advantage of Home Depot's paint rebate offer.  Surely that qualifies us as patriotic consumers.  Unless the paint was made in China.  Or even worse, England.   


Back at the apartment up on the roof we watched fireworks across the horizon.  We will miss that view terribly, but will gladly, happily and willingly replace it with the one above.  A backyard all our own, even if it is full of bugs and wild weeds.  Our little plot of America the Beautiful.  God bless it. 

4 comments:

Peg said...

Weeds AND bugs!!!!!??????? You need Greg badly. I don't do bugs. Or mice. Or water. Or basements. Or dirt. Or clutter. Bet you did not know that. I will do weeds though. And I love to supervise. I KNOW YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT!!!!!

Nana and Papa said...

I will do weeds,NOT bugs,I will do dust, painting and food pick-up! will that help! congrats to you both!!!!!We can't wait to see it.

laura.murphree said...

Congratulations on your new house!

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't think I've ever seen Matt in anything but an Auburn shirt (and I've lived with you guys for 4 months). I'm going to buy him one of those fake-tie T-shirts so he has something to wear on formal occasions.

Congrats on the house!

Jason