Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Scenic Route

While exploring in the car last weekend we found ourselves near DC on one of the loveliest stretches of road I've ever driven on.  The two lane pavement wound through wooded areas lined with stone walls.  There were fall colored leaves sprinkled everywhere on the still green grass.  The sun was so shiny, the sky a perfect blue.  I felt like I was living out a movie scene as we drove along listening to Mozart.  We stopped at a scenic overlook to savor a few more minutes before the road led us somewhere else...


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely! And are those PINK leaves??????

Peg said...

Why can't I ever figure out how this thing works? I am not anonymous!!! I'm Peg

Anonymous said...

Love that last one. very poetic.

jason

Nana and Papa said...

I think I might know where that road is. Is it near downtown Washington? So glad you are getting out and enjoying this great weather!!!

matt said...

You can see the Washington Monument in the middle picture (to gauge distance from downtown) - it's a bit west of the city near Arlington.