Thursday, December 17, 2009

Merry Week Before!

Matt and I haven't been scrooges this month, but we haven't been super "fa-la-la" either. I miss living in a neighborhood and having a porch to deck out with Christmas lights, but apart from our lack of contribution, there is no shortage of decorations outside in the shopping center. Christmas tunes are continually playing, a gigantic tree is lit and decorated for all to see, white lights are on most all the little trees and Whole Foods is selling real Christmas trees.

Our apartment has been spruced (sadly no real Blue Spruce; phooey on Matt's allergies) with a decorated faux wreath, clove studded oranges, stove-top potpourri, cute dishes, and today a fun gingerbread man filled with snacks arrived.




Most days since Thanksgiving Matt has been going in early and staying late at work in order to accrue time for our Christmas and New Year's adventures. (Unfortunately, the hours he started building up soon after starting work in August had to be used when he was out sick in October.) Bless his little hard working heart. That has taken a minor toll on our activity level. He understandably wants to hold he couch down and merely relax once he does get home. Thankfully, he's a hard worker and has a flexible schedule. Such a blessing.

On a work related note, I'm still hanging out with my baby buddy a few days a week and loving it. I'm still submitting various job applications to places within walking distance, but no bites yet.




Merry week before Christmas!

4 comments:

Peg said...

GREAT FA-LA-LA PICTURES!!! And I might add, you are holding the second cutest little elf I've ever seen!!! (Guess who the first was?)
:o)

Nana and Papa said...

we hope you have a very blessed Christmas and safe travels! Your apt. looks very festive and ready for Santa! Lots of Love,the other parents!

Anonymous said...

12-21-2009
I bet you have enough snow now, right Jenna? Good thing your apartment is up HIGH! Enjoy it all!
Love,
Aunt Jan

dana said...

hey there,
I was just reading some old comments on my blog and saw your comment about Waco. it was great! I'm glad you guys enjoyed living there. I'm sure we'll be going back since the zoo was so fabulous. :)
have a merry christmas!
- dana