Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Seafood Festival


Last Saturday we went to Sandy Point State Park for the Maryland Seafood Festival. The weather was overcast, but it made for a very pleasant day outside. We got our first good view of the massive Bay Bridge and walked in the strangely colored sand of the Chesapeake. We enjoyed the typical "festival" events like listening to bands, people watching, looking at various things under big white tents (artwork, shea butter, jewelry, venus fly traps, cookbooks, etc.) And of course there were lots of food venues to choose from. We bypassed the oyster shooters and settled on steamed shrimp, seafood gumbo, cokes & a funnel cake. Yum.

7 comments:

Peg said...

I think Brucie would be in heaven! Looks like a fun time. Must have been chilly as I see people with jackets!!!

Nana and Papa said...

what a great way to spend the day. I did not see any crap dip,though!! Thanks for the update and keep the pictures coming. Where was Jenna in a picture??

Jasony said...

Love the pic of Matt looking out to sea contemplating.... his card game.

Jason

Natalie said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad that you guys were able to go to the festival!

SPECIAL SPECK said...

oh! that looks like fun! I love the guy dressed up as the maryland flag crab or whatever he is. ha! I posted our "surprise" on the blog...so you can go check it out!

laura.murphree said...

I am so jealous of the food you are surrounded with! It makes me so hungry. I hope things are going well and you two are settling in.

Ashley said...

What a beautiful beach, I love how yall emerse yourselves into the culture of where you are and it thus becomes "home" by the way WAR EAGLE! Wes and I went to the game and missed ya'll. We talked about Anderw D's Aubie skit you had the lead lady role...