Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sentimental Sale

I sold my car tonight.  For various reasons it was in our best interest to sell my Honda before leaving Texas.  Thanks to a co-worker and her daughter, they made it happen.  It's going to a great new home, but it's kind of sentimental saying goodbye to my first car.  I saved years of babysitting money in order to buy a car (Thank you Angie, Purvis family, Wainwright family, Collins family and many others...) .  All that saving paid off when my Mom and I spotted a beautiful red 1994 Honda Civic one afternoon.  For 10 years it got me to and from jobs, school, vacations and made the trip out to TX.  It was perfect for me and I will forever encourage anyone to drive a Civic.  In the meantime, we're now a one car family and I'm kind of excited.  It's the same excitement that likes going to the laundry mat, because I know it will be all the more appreciated when we do have a second car once again.  Not sure when we'll be able to replace it, so maybe we'll find a bike friendly area to live in.  Wouldn't that be fun?   So long little red road runner... beep beep...

3 comments:

Peg said...

I am sure if you found it's new home, then it's a great one. Maybe they will let you have visitation rights until you leave. Hang in there and think "new car" with those new car smells. Bye little red car...live on.

Nana and Papa said...

Isn't it funny the attachments we get with our first car. My first one was a 1973 Toyota,new,with NO air conditioning! I could not afford it!!!!

Ashley said...

Your car...I remember it having the neon light thing in it. So many good memories.