Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

Before we get too far into the new year, here are some pictures from Thanksgiving in MO. I flew up to spend a week with family while Matt stayed at home to work on his dissertation. We celebrated his birthday the night before with a great dinner out at 135 Prime. My cousin Kerry also threw in a little birthday gift... she gave birth to her first son! Matt and Wyatt Young Smith will share 11-24 as their birthday. My mom and Kerry's dad, Mack, also share the same birthday.

Cameron, Andrew, Shelby and I had fun throwing snowballs when it began snowing one night! The next morning Grandad's backyard was beautifully covered in white fluff...
One 1/2 of the Thanksgiving table...
Aunt Jean, Andrew, Shelby, Grandad and I went on a post-meal walk and ended up swinging, see-sawing, and hanging upsidedown on the playground of the neighborhood elementary school where Mom, Jean and the rest of their siblings went to school. Very neat!
I felt like I was in 3rd grade on the Montanna St. Elementary playground once again...
88 years old and resting at home? Not in his world.
The other 1/2 of the table.
Me, Jean, Mom & Shelby - we have sooo much fun together!

2 comments:

Sarah Grace said...

I love the picture of your grandad swinging!

Aunt Jean said...

I am so glad you brought your camera! We have such fun memories of your visit, as usual!