Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Use The Food We Have Challenge: Day 3 & 4 & more

DAY 3:  Saturday went down a little differently.  Our challenge meal was a breakfast of cinnamon toast and scrambled eggs.  I'm proud that our "bread" was leftover hamburger buns I threw in the freezer a while back.  For supper we were ate leftover burgers, beans and slaw with friends that were kind enough to bring dinner to us!

DAY 4 :  Sunday night Matt ate leftover soup.  I had scrambled eggs with the remaining mushrooms sauteed in truffle butter and an apple

After that I lost track of exact timing, but additional meals we scrounged up without grocery shopping were: butternut squash ravioli, tuna salad, pan seared chicken breasts, soft tacos, hard boiled eggs, and curried chicken with rice.

This doesn't include everything we ate (like random snacks, breakfast pantry items and lunch outings)  but we did so well eating at home for supper without buying anything except half and half.  Woo hoo!

Thanks, Matt for being willing.  I had a lot of fun.  I believe our tummies stayed full.  And so did our wallets :o)

No comments: