Thursday, February 17, 2011

Guest Room

It's no secret that we like having guests around here.  And the schedule for 2011 is very promising!  Today our first overnighters arrive.  Are you on the list?  Hope so.  Or are we on your guest list?  Hope so.  Oooh to be a professional visitor/traveler.  Oooh if gasoline prices weren't so high.  Oooh if money grew on trees. 


PS - This is a close-up of the linen towel that is safety pinned to the wall above the bed.  I took it out of the MothersStuff stash and am debating on whether or not to keep and frame it.   Since Matt and I have been to London and all.  I wouldn't have the same inner debate with a cloth map of San Fransisco.  Never been there. 

 
While I'm on it... I love remembering where our things came from.  It evokes soooo much gratitude and brings back great great memories.  The bedding was pieced together with wedding gift money.  The lamps used to be my in-laws.  Matt built the bookshelf.  The Orangina poster was a gift from my Mom.  The alarm clock and bathroom towels were wedding shower gifts.  I bought the "R" on sale at Hobby Lobby in Keller, TX.  And the bottom row of books is a set of John Calvin commentaries Matt bought at a used bookstore next to our laundromat in Waco.

Love the things in our guest room and love the people we get to share them with!

5 comments:

Peg said...

Been to Frisco! It's beautiful. Never been to London :o( Sounds like that room will be very used in the next few months.

Whitney Morrison said...

I sure hope your on MY list!! i wish we could come up there this year but don't see it in the forecast, with the newborn and all.
Love you!!

Nana and Papa said...

You have a very nice Bed and Breakfast! We can't wait to visit again!

Brockefanie said...

AW! That looks fantastic! I wish we were on the guest list for it, but at least we get to see you guys and have you on ours!! :)

Anonymous said...

man, I miss you guys.

Jason