Friday, June 4, 2010

During the last two weeks of May...

Someone celebrated their First Birthday and loved every bite of it:
We had our last Lost night. It was a brilliant TV show in so many ways. We're still getting over the fact that it's over, but The End was good. And once again, it proved to be a great tool in making and strengthening friendships in a new area:
Pierce went with me downtown to participate in the USNA's commissioning week by watching this, but it was over in less than three minutes, so we had a photo shoot on the State House lawn instead:
The next day the Blue Angels performed for commissioning week and I was able to get an excellent view of them from the rooftop. (It's hard to tell, but they are on the horizon in between the little girl and man in sunglasses)
Pierce was a good sport, but it was hot and sunny up there so we took refuge and played inside for a bit:

Then later that same day Bruce and Betty (Matt's "other parents") came to town! They knew someone graduating from the Naval Academy and drove up to celebrate and visit. I was able to watch the 2010 commissioning march with them. What a great time we had walking (and eating!) around Annapolis and DC:


After they left Matt and I celebrated Memorial Day by kayaking then having margaritas and crab legs by the beach. I love this picture :o)

Tonight for dinner, it was my delicious pleasure to help clean out our fridge by eating blueberries, brie & mozzarella, crackers & salami, edamame and a tomato/basil/spinach/pasta salad before we head out on a super exciting adventure tomorrow! I'll let you know what it was when we get back :o)

4 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

We had a wonderful visit with you and hope your trip is a huge success!!! Love to all!

Natalie said...

I'm so glad that you guys are enjoying life! I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Kayla Saadeh said...

Where did you go?? I want to know! :)

Brockefanie said...

verWOW you guys have such a full life now! I'm so happy you are having so much fun and doing so many fun things! :) Wish we were closer (or had the ability to come up there!) so we could partake in some of it!