Monday, May 18, 2009

Surprise Trip to MO

A while back we decided to forgo a semi-planned anniversary trip to San Antonio and instead visited our families over a 4-day late April weekend.  We traveled separately, but it was a great decision.  Matt met his parents in Atlanta where they stayed with his Grandpa and visited extended family while I met my family in Missouri for a surprise visit!  Thanks to Aunt Jean & Grandma, I was able to give Mom & Grandad a huge surprise as I rounded the corner at my cousin's track meet waving to them.  It was perfect!  Spring was everywhere and we picked fresh lilac blooms every day, Grandma made breakfast and we ate on the screened porch at the lake every morning, I got to meet Wyatt and visit with my cousin Kerry whom I had not seen in a couple years, went wild mushroom hunting in the woods, went antique shopping downtown with Grandma & Mom, and enjoyed a familiar dose of vintage car time with Grandad.  There were lots of other great moments packed into the visit and other than Matt not enjoying it with us, it was a perfect spring weekend.

Grandad's backyard was full of blooms!

Visiting after mushroom hunting at Mack & Carol's.

Screened porch time at the lake.

At the lake after a great lasagna a-la Betty dinner.

Aunt Jean & Wyatt

I love this picture :)

Kerry is Wyatt's mom (& the other blonde in the family)

Grandad & his buddies working on his Model-T.  
And below, photos of one one of their 1950's Pontiac... so cool:











Playing, shopping, and smelling the lilacs downtown with Mom.

Lilac & dandelion blooms were everywhere!

It was windy

No comments: