Saturday, September 27, 2008

Birmingham Baby & Buddies

One day after this past Christmas I was wondering through the mall looking for a 1/2 price winter coat when I recieved a phone call from Sarah. After recovering from complete shock when she said Santa brought them a baby for Christmas... we almost immediately started planning when I could fly out for a visit after mystery baby was born! On August 6th Patrick McCay was born and last weekend I was able to leave work early to spend a fabulous & long weekend over in Birmingham. This being the first baby born into my long-time core group of friends, I was excited about how the introduction would go (laughter, tears...?) As Sarah's car pulled up at the airport I was quickly informed there was a very unhappy baby inside! She hopped out, my bag was thrown in the trunk, I was thrown in the backseat and 30 seconds later without any hugs we were off! It was the perfect whirlwind meeting representative of their new lifestyle. :o)

Whitney also came into town from Atlanta & we had a great time ooohing & aaahing over the cutest little 6 week baby we had ever seen. Saturday we took a chance and went out to lunch (Allison Moore got to go with!) at the Purple Onion where we had DELICIOUS gyro's. From there it was on to the carwash & then a little shopping at Target. Mac did sooo good & let the three of us enjoy a wonderful afternoon out & about. Later in the afternoon we drove out to the Beverly's Sunday school teacher's house to eat BBQ and watch the Auburn game. While there it dawned on us that my Mom was only 3 hours away, so after a quick phone call she made last minute plans to drive up the next day! Sunday morning I was able to get up with Mac & do all the fun watch-the-sunrise things with him (diaper, bottle, spit-up...) while the others slept. He was such a good baby! Mom got into town later that afternoon & we had a wonderful visit on thier back deck. Later on she took Sarah, Patrick & me out for supper at Ted's Montanna Grill. Mac slept & slept while we enjoyed a fun and long meal. Monday, after Sarah went to her PT apointment & Mom left mid-morning, I got good Mac time in & took some cute pictures. My flight didn't leave Birmingham until 6:00pm that evening so we had a full day to visit and ponder over their precious miracle that is on the verge of smiling & laughing and before we know it, rolling over & riding bikes. Thankfully, I can say the weekend didn't leave me with "the itch" but it did make me want to go back as soon as possible. :o)

No comments: