Thursday, May 8, 2008

5-K & Bees


This past Saturday I did the Central Texas Race for the Cure 5-K here in downtown Waco.  Spenco sponsored a team so I signed up!  Never before had I done anything like that & after it warmed up from a sunny 50 to an even sunnier 55 degrees it was a blast!  Our friends Brock & Stefanie did it too and we had a good ole time walking/jogging down by the river.  It was a treat to eat the free snacks afterward too.  I planned on walking the whole time, but that's hard to do when adrenaline kicks in as you go past 50 motorcycles revving their engines or when you pass a military band playing the Rocky theme song!  I was sore down to my toes the next few days, but it was worth it.  I found these pictures on the Waco Tribune Herald website:

(Girl I met that morning, Boy I met that morning, Brock, Stefanie, Moi)

Random side note... Matt just discovered & killed a swarm of bees in our kitchen.  They appeared within a couple hours.  We just went outside to discover a hole in the side of the brick with a billion bees swarming around it!  We left a message on our realtor's emergency phone line.  I wish we had a door to close off the kitchen.  Oh dear, he said 5 more just came in through the exhaust vent.  I'm hiding in the other room. 

2 comments:

Sarah Grace said...

Bees???? Whoa dude!

Stephanie said...

Hey Jenna! I was just browsing through a few blogs I found on Say's page. I linked you on mine! Things look like they're going so well for you. I love it!